The Montgomery County Coaches that made it possible for 50 of our athletes to attend Sports Camp!
Kneeling: Patty Wilson, Cecilia Bonfante, Meg Jones (our tireless Head of Delegation), Tim Johnson,Tony Gillespie
Standing: Deb Wilson, Steve Showmaker, Heather Jones, Ann Ohmott, Adam Baird, Jay Grimes, Jason Showmaker, Owen Struck, & Bob Wustner.

Give them a thank you next time you see them. Coach Scott

CPR and FIRST AID CERTIFICATION

Montgomery County Special Olympics continues to offer CPR and First Aid Certification. We would like to thank Bryn Athyn Church School and Sonnie, our instructor, for donating classroom space, materials, and personal time in order to provide this service to our county volunteers.

We would like to encourage all coaches, volunteers, and any interested family members to sign up for these certifications. If you are already certified, re-certification is needed annually for CPR and every three (3) years for First Aid. The following schedule has been arranged to provide these classes. (There is no cost for these classes.)

CPR - Re-Certification           Monday, Sept. 22, 2014 at 6:30pm

CPR - First Time Certification Monday, Sept. 29, 2014 at 6:30pm

First Aid - Certification           Monday, Oct. 6, 2014 at 6:30pm

Deadline for sign up is September 15

To sign up call Dennis and Heidi Russell at 215-793-0505 or email us at rsavball@aol.com and leave name, phone number and dates you plan to attend.  If you cannot make it after signing up, inform us.

LOCATION:

Bryn Athyn Church School is located at 600 Tomlinson Road, Bryn Athyn, PA 19009.

Happy Summer! Check our Sports, Sites and Schedules tab for updates. Practices start soon for our fall and early winter sports and now is the time to check out the schedule. Check in with the coach for a schedule.

Congratulations to our National Games participants Scott Renk (swimming) and Carlie Jones (gymnastics) now that they have finished a busy week in Princeton NJ. Pictured here is Scott's gold medal 4x25 relay team receiving their award along with the other eight competing teams.

Carlie Jones, from Montgomery County was 1 of 5 gymnasts from Pennsylvania to attend the Special Olympics USA National Games in NJ. As a Level 3 gymnasts (the highest level at these games), Carlie competed on all four events, Vault, Uneven Bars, Balance Beam, and Floor. The gymnasts had only one practice on Monday, June 16th. The Preliminary Round was held on Tuesday, June 17th, 25% of the athlete's score counted on this day. The finals, which were held on Thursday, June 19th, added the other 75% which gave the athletes their total scores.

Carlie was outstanding! She placed 2nd on Vault; 3rd on Uneven Bars; 2nd on Balance Beam; 4th on Floor; which gave her 3rd place in the All Around Category. Carlie was also selected to perform her Floor Routine on Thursday evening, when they held their "Showcase of Athletes."

Carlie, however, is most proud to have been able to represent Montgomery County on Team Pennsylvania!

Special Olympics Montgomery County,                                        Pennsylvania

 An all-volunteer organization where athletes are first!